Mukt.in is a FOSS-fest, being conducted in Hyderabad, India by the mukt.in team (a group of FOSS enthusiasts). Spread the word and Be there!
Back again with another khichdi of a post.
- Quark, Waves and Apogee. [For the uninitiated, Quark is our technical festival and Waves, our Cul-fest] I had been to BITS-Pilani, for attending their Tech-fest, Apogee.
- One would expect Apogee to end up the best, but we were thoroughly disappointed. It came nowhere near the perfection of Quark and things seemed quite unprofessional. Hats-off to Chaitu n others in the Quark Org-Co. I’m already worried about missing Quark’09 [thanks to my PS]
- The specials at all three events were unforgettable. Feeding the Fish, the Air Shows (Naval and Amateur planes), the Orchestral performance, Special Performance [Aasra], Sand art by Gagan and Mithali!
- Had the opportunity, to meet/have a look at some of the guys studying at colleges in their home towns. For once, I felt being in a “reputed”, national college does matter.
- Felt good spending some time with good ol’ friends at Pilani.
- Always believed organizing events isn’t my forte, but, helped organize a couple of events at Quark. Feels good.
- Effective Communication is less about how well you choose your words but more about your quantum of concern for the other person and the matter at hand!
- Pilani Campus, Love at First sight. Never really felt like coming back.
- The arts/non-technical clubs there are simply superb! We have a lot to learn
- Cycling on campus. A dream come true!
- All Night Canteen is a real hangout place!
- Green, Greener, Greenest. Never really felt like we were in the deserts of Rajasthan.
- …. the list can go on and on. I’ll stop here.
- FOSS n me.
- Attended my first FOSS event! The Install Fest @ Quark. Wasn’t as awe inspiring as I would’ve liked it to be, but still a memorable one. Simply for being my first install-fest and for the lessons we learnt.
- FOSSKriti’08 is one event I’ll regret missing. It was absolutely amazing. I’m just hoping, people here too get to that level soon enough.
- Free Software and Freeware ain’t the same stuff. It’s extremely painful when people address FOSS stuff as freeware. Free Software is Software that’s Free as in Free Speech n Freeware is software that if free as in free beer.
- Eagerly awaiting mukt.in v2. Can’t wait to get back home!
- Enjoying my time on #mukt.in and #linux-india. The new DC hub (GNOME) for FOSS junta is cool too!
- There’s an urgent need to start contributing to FOSS. But how?
- Haven’t yet found myself an intern/project for summer. Wonder what’s in store, this summer.
- Most of the gang’s On-Campus next sem. Will really miss Voodoo though. Hoping he has a rocking PS.
- Hoping we won’t have to shift hostels next sem.
- Appreciation is a great motivator. Expressing it promptly is important. I’m bad at it. Should work on it.
- “The gang” is like a flock of birds in flight.
- This semester is coming to an end already, and I don’t have anything I’d be proud of.
- Wonder why I have absolutely no feelings about the farewell we’d be having soon.
- Awaiting Ugadi Celebs. Seems like they are gonna rock more than ever.
- Gone are those days, when I used to post because something I had to write about, compelled me to do so. These days, the long inactivity on my blog is turning out to be the sole reason for my posts. [A few Rare Exceptions though, and this one isn’t] I wonder if its because life’s become uneventful or because I grew lazier or because of something else.
- I don’t like posting accounts of events from the recent/distant past, but I’m doing it just to prevent my blog’s death.
A DJ nite’s going on here.. for WAVES…. I just went there for a while…. The arrangements were pretty good… with Huge huge huge spks.. [I can still hear the Music quite loud.. sitting here in my room.. which is quite a distance form the Venue…] There’s real Heart throbbing music [Literally… With speakers of over 15000W your heart really throbs… dub.. dub.. dub…] being played there…
I was just wondering if we really needed such extravagant stuff… I know that such events bring ppl together… but do we need to spend so much money just to have a have a good dance with friends?? When a large number of people aren’t able to get their basic neccessities like a Square Meal, Clean drinking water, proper clothing and shelter… here we are enjoying a good dance with friends… with elaborately made extravagant arrangements… [of course the money isn’t ours… but…] [ I know a lot of guys wud’ve a lot to say against me…. but.. its ok..]
There can’t be perfect equality in this world… of which duality is an integral part…. every elementary particle has a dual nature… so its but obvious that every thing in this world has a dual to it… so its not possible to have a perfect world with everybody equally placed.. if there is a rich.. then there will be a poor… if there is joy.. then there will be despair… if there is light.. then there will be darkness…
But can’t we do anything… can’t we spread the light to every place that we possibly could?? Can’t we get together to minimize the difference? Join the race against nature… do your bit…
This, probably, is a good place to start off…
This post is to promote QUARK’07… This post is here… little due to my desire.. and almost totally bcos somebody [the ppl here at coll..] expect “us” to do it..
Blogspot.. Orkut..[i don’t use it any more] were blocked on campus [don’t ask why cos none of us have been able to figure out.. atleast about Blogspot..] but the blocks have been lifted for a fortnight.. just so that we can publicise Quark [our techfest..] Its from 17th March to 19th March.. check out the link for more details..
So ppl.. Quark coming up :)…
and… blocks coming up too :(…
[But why Blogspot???]